Join a hike!
Wilderness Walks gives you the opportunity to explore a new corner of Montana with volunteer experts
When you join us for a Wilderness Walk, you're bound to discover something new—views to the horizon, wildflowers, animal tracks, and friends who love the outdoors just as much as you do.
We look forward to seeing you on the trail!
Select a region to find a walk:
How to sign up for a walk
Montana Wilderness Association uses an online registration system for our Wilderness Walks.
The process for registering for a walk is simple.
- On the above map, click on the chapter area where you walk is located. Then, scroll down through the list to find your desired walk. Once you find your walk click on “Register."
- To register for a Wilderness Walk completely fill out the information requested on the walk Wilderness Walk registration page.
- If you are a Montana Wilderness Association Member you can begin signing up for a Wilderness Walk on Monday, April 16 (9:00 a.m.) by using your code on pg. 14 of your 2018 Discover Wild Montana book. If you are a member and did not receive the book contact Database Manager, Bob Ronan at email@example.com or 406-443-7350 ext 101
- All non-Montana Wilderness Association members can visit back on Monday, April 30 (9:00 a.m.) to register for all listed walks. To become a member and receive early registration contact the Development Director, Heather Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-443-7350 ext. 102
- You are able to sign up family and friends, but everyone will also need to sign a paper waiver at the trailhead.
- An email confirmation will automatically be sent to you with the walk leader’s contact information. Please check your SPAM folder if you do not see it in your inbox. If you have any questions about the hike or you need to cancel, please contact the walk leader as soon as possible so they can give your spot to someone else.
- If you do not hear from your hike leader at least one week before your hike is scheduled, please reach out to them.
If you have any questions about this process please contact MWA’s Education and Outreach Manager Amanda Hagerty at email@example.com or (406) 443-7350 ext. 108.