Join an Adventure!
Our Wilderness Walks give you the chance to explore a new corner of Montana with our volunteer Walk leaders
When you join us for a Wilderness Walk, you're bound to discover something new – views to the horizon, wildflowers, animal tracks, fossils, and friends who love the outdoors just as much as you do.
We look forward to seeing you on the trail!
Find a Walk in your region
How to sign up
Montana Wilderness Association uses an online registration system for our Wilderness Walks. Please keep in mind that Walks registration is divided into early-season (May-July) and late-season (August-October) registration periods.
To register for a Walk, click on the region that you want to visit (above), pick your hike, sign up using our online platform.
If you would like more information, please read these detailed instructions:
- Click on the region (above) to find your desired walk. Once you find your walk, click “Register" and you will be taken to MWA's Eventbrite page to complete the registration.
- Completely fill out the information requested on the Wilderness Walks registration page.
- If you are an MWA member:
- Register using your MWA member code. You can find this code on page 15 of the 2019 Discover Wild Montana book or in the spring appeal email you received on April 4th.
- If you are a member and did not receive a copy of the Discover Wild Montana Book, please contact Mike Rooney at email@example.com or 406-443-7350 ext. 103.
- Remember: Walks are divided into early and late seasons. Registration for early-season Walks (May-July) opened on Monday, April 15th at 9 am MDT. Registration for late-season Walks (August-October) begins on Monday, July 15th at 9 a.m. MDT.
- If you are not an MWA member:
- Registration for early-season Walks opened to the general public on Monday, April 29th at 9 a.m. MDT.
- Registration for late-seaon Walks (August-October) opens to the general public on Monday, July 22nd at 9 a.m. MDT.
- To become a member and receive early registration privileges, please contact Mike Rooney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-443-7350 ext. 103.
- If you are an MWA member:
- You are allowed to sign up family and friends, but everyone is required to sign the waiver listed below. If you don't have access to a printer, your hike leader will provide paper copies at the trailhead.
- An email confirmation will automatically be sent to you with the Walk leader’s contact information. Please check your spam folder if you do not see it in your inbox, and check for emails from Eventbrite. If you have any questions about the hike or you need to cancel, please contact the Walk leader as soon as possible so they can give your spot to someone else.
- If you do not hear from your Walk leader at least one week before your hike is scheduled, please contact them.
- Before attending the Walk, it is required that all participants download THIS WAIVER. Please sign it, fill in the relevant data, and bring with you to the trailhead to give to your Walk leader.