Join us the trail!
When you join us for a Wilderness Walk, you're bound to discover something new—views to the horizon, wildflowers, animal tracks, and friends who love the outdoors just as much as you do. Volunteer on a trail project or just get out for fun on one of our 160-plus free outdoor adventures.
We look forward to seeing you on the trail!
Select an MWA chapter area to find a walk:
* No current active chapter
Lend a helping hand and join one of the trail projects being offered this year by clicking here.
How to sign up for a walk
Montana Wilderness Association uses an online registration system for our Wilderness Walks.
The process for registering for a walk is simple.
- On the above map, click on the chapter area where you walk is located. Then, scroll down through the list to find your desired walk. Once you find your walk click on “Register."
To register for a Wilderness Walk completely fill out the information requested on the walk Wilderness Walk registration page.
- If you are a Montana Wilderness Association Member you can begin signing up for a Wilderness Walk on April 20 (8:00 a.m.) by using your code on pg. 2 of your 2016 Wilderness Walks book. If you are a member and did not receive the book contact the Special Projects Coordinator (information listed below.)
- All non-Montana Wilderness Association members can visit back on May 2 (8:00 a.m.) to register for all listed walks. To become a member and receive early registration contact Membership Coordinator Kelsee Dalton at email@example.com or (406) 443-7350 ext. 111
- If you wish to register multiple people click 'Add Guests', which will return you to the registration page to fill out additional hiker information. Once you are finished registering for yourself and/or additional hikers click "Register", which will take you to a confirmation page.
- An email confirmation will automatically be sent to you with the walk leader’s contact information. If you have any questions about the hike or you need to cancel, please contact the walk leader as soon as possible so they can give your spot to someone else.
- If you do not hear from your hike leader at least two weeks before your hike is scheduled, please reach out to them.
If you have any questions about this process please contact MWA’s Special Projects Coordinator, Amanda Hagerty at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 443-7350 ext. 108.